HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Specialintressen
 Teknik och DIY
 Tom Danley Signatur Series
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FForsman
100.000-klubben

2592 Posts

Posted - 2022/11/02 :  10:28:26  Show Profile  Visit FForsman's Homepage Send FForsman a Private Message  Reply
Jag tror inte jag sett något här på forumet om Tom Danleys Signature Series. Det vill säga hans första produkter riktade till privatpersoner / hifi. https://tomdanley.com

Han verkar ha två spännande produkter på gång. Skip Welch på Danley Sound Labs säger att det kommer mer spännande nyheter om någon månad...

Hyperion eller HRE (lite oklart vad den heter tycker jag) är en riktigt cool skapelse i mina ögon. Funktion före form och elegans. Det är lätt att slå ner på estetiken och avfärda dessa som trams men när man undersöker principerna för hur den fungerar så tror jag att Danley har kommit betydligt längre än de flesta i avseendet att få alla element att summera till en punktkälla med kontrollerad spridning och fas. Det kanske inte låter så märkvärdigt men jag tror att märkvärdigt är precis vad det är.

Här berättar Tom Danley lite om den: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBl5lhmzRKA

Vad tänker/tycker ni om konceptet skapelsen?

Speaker type | 4-Way Powered
Tweeter | 1#8221; Polyester / Neodymium / Kapton
Midrange | 5#8221; Treated Paper / Neodymium / Kapton
Woofer | 2x 8#8221; Treated Paper / Neodymium
Subwoofer | 2x 15#8221; Long Excursion
Frequency Response | 14Hz-23.7KHz
Crossover Frequency | 2kHz / 260Hz / 45Hz
Total Amplifier Power | 2650 Watt
Bass Amplifier | 1500 Watt
Low Amplifier | 750 Watt
Mid/High Amplifier | 400 Watt
Inputs | XLR
Height | 54.75 in | 139 cm
Horn Center | 45 in | 114 cm
Top Width | 22.5 in | 57 cm
Top Depth | 19.75 in | 50 cm
Base Width |28.25 in | 71.75 cm
Base Depth | 27.56 in | 70 cm
Cabinet finishes | TBA

Här skriver Tom Danley själv några reflektioner om skapelsen.

Hi
There is a way one could observe a horn in use and conclude that it did indeed defeat the inverse square law. In fact this is done fairly often by us at work in installed sound.
The basic idea comes from the olden days, a single horn projects a lobe and if one raises the height of the horn and aims it at the back row, one makes the spl much more uniform front to back than a low height (on axis).

This reduces the difference in distance between the front and back rows AND as you move forward to the front, you are gradually moving out of the lobe.
This can't be done as well when one has multiple sources which produce both lobes and nulls or even that well with traditional horns which get narrower as the frequency climbs. But was "the way" pro's did it and the same principal is why one toes in speakers (aim at the far seat)

What the Synergy horn does is give one a way to make a much wider bandwidth high power horn that still radiates simply as if it were one source in one CD horn. It can do this because all the sources are less than 1/4 wl apart where they interact or combine resulting in coherent addition (like two very close together subwoofers do but inside of the horn).

To the degree one can also make it a "constant directivity" horn, then one finds that as one moves out of the pattern, the SPL still falls but unlike "not CD" horns that narrow up high, the spectrum stays much more constant off axis than normal.
By choosing a large horn with the right pattern angles and aim point, it is possible to get even sports stadiums to + - 2dB level in every seat and the comment "it sounds the same everywhere" has even been heard.

If you have heard any of the recordings like the fireworks I have made with a microphone experiment, it would not be a surprise to learn how we hear and the capture and reproduction of the "image" is a long time interest of mine.

About a year ago, I was pretty much caught up on my official "wish list" at work when the Virus and the slow down hit. I build some of our prototypes or the ones i can anyway, I like that part and it's a big part of what i love about speakers "this is how we make the sawdust" (moonshiners show reference) ending with listening and measuring haha.

I have some of the oldest SH-50's from 2005 in my living-room with sub-woofer. I thought a lot about what would i build for me when the time came, what i would want.
I like to crank it up occasionally and its part of the home theater but It doesn't have to be that powerful or large, i only sit 15 feet away but it does need to image like that or better and still be able to do the fireworks recording.
After a few months, I brought them in to work and Mike wanted to keep them in the demo room, so i made a second pair, then our wood shop made some and enough people wanted them then that it became it's own thing.
Hope that helps
Tom Danley

Orgninalposten hittar man här: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/danley-signature-series.368860/post-6575064

Ett forum blir till det som medlemmarna bidrar med. Skriv!

Edited by - FForsman on 2022/11/02 20:46:51

HerrD
200.000-klubben

1749 Posts

Posted - 2022/11/02 :  19:18:30  Show Profile Send HerrD a Private Message  Reply
Wow! Sååå coola. Skulle jag gärna lyssna på vid tillfälle. Undrar vad dom kommer betinga i pris? SM80F känns som rätt nära släkting.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

Richard P. Feynman
Go to Top of Page

FForsman
100.000-klubben

2592 Posts

Posted - 2022/11/04 :  12:38:25  Show Profile  Visit FForsman's Homepage Send FForsman a Private Message  Reply
@HerrD
Vet inte vad de kommer kosta. Såg någon prisuppgift någonstans men kommer inte ihåg riktigt.

Här en en bild på vad som troligen sitter i toppen

Hittade ett vattenfallsdiagram från en SM50 (som troligen sitter i Hyperion).

Separat mätning av "midden" EDIT: nedan gäller SH50 och inte SM50 som jag trodde när jag först postade.

Edited by - FForsman on 2022/11/04 21:16:55
Go to Top of Page

martinsson
100.000-klubben

3311 Posts

Posted - 2022/11/04 :  23:20:44  Show Profile  Visit martinsson's Homepage Send martinsson a Private Message  Reply
inte säker, men det kan kanske vara en sluten variant av SM60F komplementerad av en gammal hedelig B&C bestyckad basreflex, i vilket fall som är det tokigt intressant, lika tokigt som onåbart :)

Tipsar även om denna, måhända lite ytlig men ändå, skön kille:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tE8yVtw1-o

martinssons DIY funderingar och projekt - http://www.martinsson.cc/blog/
Go to Top of Page

HerrD
200.000-klubben

1749 Posts

Posted - 2022/11/05 :  17:18:22  Show Profile Send HerrD a Private Message  Reply
Bra video, även om den är lite ytlig som du säger. Man blir ju nyfiken på att lyssna på ett synergy-horn av orginaluppfinnaren!

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

Richard P. Feynman
Go to Top of Page

FForsman
100.000-klubben

2592 Posts

Posted - 2022/11/05 :  23:02:56  Show Profile  Visit FForsman's Homepage Send FForsman a Private Message  Reply

quote:
inte säker, men det kan kanske vara en sluten variant av SM60F komplementerad av en gammal hedelig B&C bestyckad basreflex, i vilket fall som är det tokigt intressant, lika tokigt som onåbart :)

Onåbar, hmmm, är det verkligen så illa... Bara att börja såga Martinsson

Tack för videotipset. Han har en så skön inställning till sitt värv. Noll procent ytlig coolhet/ballhet/attityd, bara ett genuint och djupt intresse. I alla fall vad jag kan se :-)

Hittade den här bilden på en tidigare prototyp. Den ser ut att ha ett portat horn vilket de senare bilderna på det "finare" hornet inte verkar ha. Vad jag inte riktigt förstår är hur man lyckats trycka ner delningsfrekvensen mellan horn och bas till 48Hz utan portar till 8.tummarna i hornet.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.28 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000