HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Mångfaldens forum
 HiFi-diskussion
 Smäller i högtalarna, music streamer 2.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mschill

420 Posts

Posted - 2010/03/08 :  21:29:58  Show Profile Send Mschill a Private Message
J.River..........löser det mesta

Snurrar, blänker och transporterar ljud, om den inte var platt kunde man tro det va Gud.
Go to Top of Page

Runt Ljud
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2010/03/16 :  18:29:37  Show Profile Send Runt Ljud a Private Message
Hej!

Jag får tacka för ett fantastiskt forum.
Vi är väldigt stolta att få representera/sälja Music Streamer i Sverige och otroligt glada
för den stora försäljnings succén med trevliga mail från andvändare i hela landet.

Det har framgått att någon enstaka andvändare har haft kompatibilitets problem.
Här nedan kommer konstruktören och tillverkaren att ge råd till de få som har kompabilitets
problem mellan datorn och MSII(white noise) och det hjälper 99% av de datorer som har problemet.

Enkelt översatt är det att införskaffa en aktiv HUB som klarar minst USB 2.0 och HS trafik.
Till denna HUB får det bara vara MSII inkopplad(kostnad 100-200kr)

Läs gärna den Engelska texten nedan som Kevin Halverson har skrivit.

Kevin Halverson och Michael Hobson har arbetat i många år parallellt med sina egna företag
för musik industrin.
De har bla varit med och tagit fram världs standarden PCM DVD disc (Classic DAD ), HDAD, DVD-A/V disc samt hårdvara och mjukvara lösningar för pre mastring till branschen.

M.V.H

Göran / Runt Ljud

March 2010 - Los Angeles, CA
Behavioural investigation of FS USB devices when connected to HS USB hosts

Based upon input from a small percentage of end users, we were lead to investigate the behaviour differences of a variety of host computers when supporting FS (full speed) isochronous devices. After collecting a number of different computers and studying their characteristics, it became obvious that a few exhibited very poor performance when supporting FS devices. For the poorly performing hosts we investigated the behaviour of the USB controller and its subsystems. Further study of the symptoms showed the source of the problem to be the root hub. At seemingly random intervals, the root hub was failing to properly insulate the FS device from HS (high speed) USB traffic. When subjected to the HS traffic, the FS device would exhibit data errors resulting in a loss of signal integrity.

Since the root hub physically lies within the host computer, there is no practical way of improving its behaviour due to inaccessibility. The solution for these poor performing hosts turned out to be very simple; all that was required was to add an external HUB to provide a secondary defence against unintentional HS traffic. The added external HUB must have a few specific characteristics in order for it to be an effective solution, luckily, these characteristics are typical of most hubs offered for sale. The requirements for the external HUB are that it must be capable of handling HS traffic, so it must be at least a USB 2.0 device. A second requirement for the HUB is that it must support high powered devices. In most cases, this would necessitate a self powered, not buss powered, HUB.

Once added to the signal chain, the secondary HUB provides an extra measure of protection to the FS device and data errors caused by the unintentional host traffic are eliminated.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you have any questions (and can convey them in English) please feel free to email me directly. I am always willing to help out so that the very best results can be achieved.

My email address is: kevin@hirestech.com

Kevin Halverson
CTO
High Resolution Technologies, LLC

M.V.H

Göran / Music Streamer/Runt Ljud AB

<center><font size="1">Runt Ljud AB</font id="size1"></center>
Go to Top of Page

DuST
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 2010/03/22 :  14:36:14  Show Profile Send DuST a Private Message
Har satt in ett pci-usb kort i datorn nu. Har lyssnat hela helgen (ca. 20 timmar) utan att uppleva "white noise" problemet. Känns som att problemet är löst för mej i alla fall , lätt värt dom 190 skr jag betalade för det dedikerade usb-kortet. Känns kul på riktigt att lyssna på musik från datorn nu.

/ Pär.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.42 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000