HiFiForum.nu
Home | Forums | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Links | Members | Articles | PM | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Private Messages
You must log in to check messages
 All Forums
 HiFiForum.nu - Mångfaldens forum
 Bildreportage - HiFi
 CES 2006; McIntosh "bigger is better"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

johan.björklund
Reportage-Harry -05 & -07, 100.000-klubben!

20859 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  00:44:08  Show Profile  Visit johan.björklund's Homepage Send johan.björklund a Private Message  Reply
quote:
Finns det någon uppgift om vad dessa enorma bestar väger?

MC2KW Output Module: 121 lbs. (54.9kg) net;
146 lbs. (66.2kg) in shipping carton

MC2KW Power Module: 158 lbs. (71.7kg) net;
183 lbs. (83kg) in shipping carton

>musik förmedlingen<
Medlem av det Skånska välljuds sällskapet eoJEUD
Go to Top of Page

ztenlund
Administrator, RödaTråden-vinnare, 300.000-klubben

8771 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  00:53:23  Show Profile Send ztenlund a Private Message  Reply
Tack Johan!

Hmm, Power Module'n väger alltså mer än hela min anläggning tillsammans...

Now included with your order:
Two personal assistants to move your equipment around.

Fascinerande tror jag är ordet för närvarande...

Har du synpunkter på något? Hör gärna av dig via PM!
HiFiForum.nu's
Artikelregister | Regler
Go to Top of Page

Gebex

884 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  00:55:46  Show Profile Send Gebex a Private Message  Reply
Mycket och stora manicker.

Törs man fråga hur det lät?
Go to Top of Page

cybwiz
700.000-klubben

1388 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  05:29:19  Show Profile  Visit cybwiz's Homepage Send cybwiz a Private Message  Reply
Fra http://www.audioholics.com/

We spent a good deal of time listening to them at the show with various source materials. My most memorable listening session involved Pink Floyd The Wall with the Track “Hey You”. The Mac’s made this CD sound bigger than we have ever heard it and inspired me to dust off some of my old Floyd collection.

It was quite an impressive sight seeing these speakers tower over their behemoth MC2kW amplifiers 2kwatt power amplifiers and reminded me of my college days of working for high end dealer that sold McIntosh gear. This setup appeared to have enough power reserves to run a small nuclear power plant or the Christmas lights in Chevy Chases Christmas vacation.

Though these speaker didn’t quite convey the intimacy or focus of say a traditionally well engineered two way system in a nearfield environment, they did maintain a very broad soundstage and endless dynamics. This was certainly a setup I was proud to witness and really helped revitalize what this company is best known for – uncompromised audio.

Here is the equipment list for everything that was in this room:

XRT2K Loudspeaker System System Specifications

Sealed Dual Column 3-Way

Six 12” Aluminum cone woofers (per side)
Sixty-four 2” titanium Midranges (per side)
Forty ¾” titanium tweeters (per side)
Tri-wire and tri-amp capabilities
Aluminum enclosure core
8-Ohm impedance for compatibility
usable with up to 2,000 watts of power
can be driven with as little as 75 watts
Titanium tweeters for response to 45kHz
Anechoic Response 16Hz – 45kHz
Crossover Frequencies: 250Hz and 1.5kHz

MSRP $40,000 each

MC2KW 2,000 Watt Monoblock Power Amplifier

Three modules separating the power from the output
Two 1,000 watt power module contains ½ of the balanced circuitry complete with its own power supply resulting in double balanced configuration
Signal from the power modules enters a double-wound, mirror image output transformer where each kilowatt of power is added canceling noise and distortion
Balanced and Unbalanced Inputs
Thru puts for Bi and tri-amping
Connections for 8, 4, and 2 ohms
3 full sets of terminals for tri-wiring
peak responding output meter
Input sensitivity 2.5V unbalanced; 5V balanced
Dynamic Headroom: 2dB
Frequency response: +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20kHz; +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100kHz
Signal to noise ration (A-weighted): unbalanced: 90dB (123dB below rated output); Balanced: 94dB (127dB below rated output)
MSRP $30,000 each

C1000 Configurable Tube/Solid-Ste Controller and Preamplifier

Tri Chassis with your choice of tube, solid state or both.
Low noise MM and MC Phono inputs in both tube and solid state module
Fully Balanced Circuitry
Dual Mono mirror image design
3 outputs per channel for tri-amping
Listen & record processor loops
Front panel ¼” headphone jack
Remote controllable
Peak responding output meters
Signal to Noise Ratio: C1000P (solid state) High Level 100dB; Phono 88dB
Signal to Noise Ratio: C1000T (tube) High Level 93dB; Phono 80dB
MSRP: C1000P: $9,000
MSRP: C1000T: $9,000
MSRP: C1000C: $8,000

MS300 300GB Music Server

Huge 300 GB Hard Drive
Integrated Web Interface Capabilities
Plays CD, CD-R, CD-R/W and MP3
Capable of Streaming Music Files Over a Home Network to Remote Locations on Ethernet Enabled Devices
MSRP: $5,100

MVP861 A/V Player

Plays CD, SACD, DVD, DVD-A, CD-R, CD-RW
Three 192/kHz/24 Bit D/A Converters deliver highest resolution sound these formats can deliver
Video incorporates12 Bit/108mHz DACs with progressive scan
Component, S-Video and Composite outputs
Spins CDs at 4 times regular speed and DVDs at 2 times storing data into an 8MG buffer memory allowing multiple passes to extracting all the data from even scratched or smudged discs
Dolby Digital, DTS and Multi-Channel DVD-Audio and SACD decoders
Digital Bass Management
Speaker Calibration Adjustments
Balanced and Unbalanced analog audio outputs
NTSC and PAL Video
RD232 Data Port
MSRP $4,100

MCD201 SACD/CD Player

Fixed and Variable Outputs
Balanced and Unbalanced outputs
Optical and Coax Digital Outputs
Data and IR input connections
Precision volume control for balanced, unbalanced and headphone outputs
Plays CD, CD-R, CD-RW, SACD and MP3 discs with CD/SACD layer switching from stop mode with front panel button
Spins CDs at 4 times regular speed and DVDs at 2 times storing data into an 8MG buffer memory allowing multiple passes to extracting all the data from even scratched or smudged discs
MSRP $3,300
Shipping now

MDA1000 D/A Converter

Eight 24 bit Burr Brown digital converters
Modifies music data stream from 16 bits to 24 bits and to a sampling rate of 768kKHz all while still in the digital domain
Seven digital inputs:
3 Coaxial inputs on RCA jacks
3 optical inputs
1 balanced digital in on XLR jack
Balanced XLR outputs
Unbalanced RCA Analog Outputs
Front Panel Volume control with optional bypass function
S/N Ratio a-weighted: better than 110dB
MSRP: $8,000
Shipping now

Technics turntable model SL-1200 mkII
Denon Cartridge 301II

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/

Edited by - cybwiz on 2006/01/17 05:30:41
Go to Top of Page

cybwiz
700.000-klubben

1388 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  05:51:16  Show Profile  Visit cybwiz's Homepage Send cybwiz a Private Message  Reply
Audiokarma Forum:

Noen kommentarer fra Ron C - Mcintosh product designer

The MC2KW amps are very powerful and also very delicate sounding. At 2000 watts into 8 ohms they put out 128 volts. Musical peak power is in excess of 6000 watts which means the voltage also goes up. This is why three sets of outputs are provided for each impedance, 2, 4 and 8 ohms.
On semiconductor ThermalTrack 30 MHz output transistors are also used in the 2Ks which was the first application of this technology. The transistors bias themselves in real time to adjust to dynamic operating conditions. Cool and awesomely powerful is the result. Unlike some big amps these also sound smooth, crytal clear and powerful at a fraction of a watt.
The XRT2K speaker was designed in parallel to these amps. The bass uses six, 1000 watt long throw 12" woofers per speaker. The mids and highs are 2" titanium inverted mid ranges and .75" titanium domes. At the crossover point the mids and tweets have identical impulse response. Unlike earlier McIntosh line arrays and most others, the mid and high frequency drivers are spaced very close together on a very narrow baffle.
This results in uniform dispersion and imaging over a very wide area. In designs where the mids and highs are separated by more than a inch or so a limited sweet spot results.
The total electromagnetic force of all the neo magnets and the ultralight driver technology of all 110 drivers, allows these big speakers to have lightning fast transient response. Frequency response is 16 to 45 KHz within a few Db.
You have to listen to this system with your own music to appreciate the sound. The scale of the music holds up nicely at low volume. This is not easy and most big speakers need to be cranked to be believable where these sound balanced at whisper levels. As far as high volumes, nothing comes close other than a big PA system.

At CES we demoed with:
Patsy Kline, Led Zeppelin, Grand Funk Railroad, The Doors, Usher, White Stripes, Pet Shop Boys, Pink Floyd, Roy Orbison, The Beatles, and about 200 others. My server was used for 70% of the demo and has about 250 CDs on it.
The worst sounding music as well as the best, were CDs and records that I played as a request from the show attendees. Some of the hard core 'audiophiles' brought in some of the worst sounding crap though. One guy played a disk of classical music that emptied out the room. It was that painful and his badge read he was from the Boston Audio Society. You know who you are dude and you need to go hear some live music because your stuff sucks! LOL...

I had one nice senior guy ask to play a 3 minute vinyl piece which the audience agreed to. This was a cut from a 60's classical record. After it was over he asked if he could play one more and the crowd agreed. It was a different version of the same piece on another label, again from the 60s. The audience agreed the first one, a Decca sounded the best. Ha.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Edited by - cybwiz on 2006/01/17 05:51:43
Go to Top of Page

Pac
200.000-klubben

21988 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  07:14:47  Show Profile  Visit Pac's Homepage Send Pac a Private Message  Reply

Hehehe jasså vi fick inflikat lite info från Ron Cornelius?

Detta är en synbarligen stolt Ron Cornelius vid drivelektroniken:

// Per Adelsson, pac(a)hififorum.nu, Admin och ägare HiFiForum.nu
// HiFiForum.nu's regler, Artikelregister

Go to Top of Page

Pac
200.000-klubben

21988 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  07:18:39  Show Profile  Visit Pac's Homepage Send Pac a Private Message  Reply

MC2KW är ruggigt stora saker som verkar kunna driva ett svetsaggregat.

Go to Top of Page

Pac
200.000-klubben

21988 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  07:21:55  Show Profile  Visit Pac's Homepage Send Pac a Private Message  Reply

Go to Top of Page

Pac
200.000-klubben

21988 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  07:25:19  Show Profile  Visit Pac's Homepage Send Pac a Private Message  Reply

Drivelektroniken var nog så imponerande och det var många som var framme och "pillade" och klämde lite.

Go to Top of Page

Pac
200.000-klubben

21988 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  07:40:15  Show Profile  Visit Pac's Homepage Send Pac a Private Message  Reply

Nyhet för i år var deras delade försteg. Som vanligt går McIntosh sina egna vägar så delningen av försteget är inte som hos de flesta andra med en kraft-del och en controll/linjestegs-del.

De har delat i en Kontrolldel....

... och en Linjestegs- och kraftdel.

Men nu har McIntosh kommit på att det finns åtminstone två helt olika sätt att bygga ett linjesteg, rör eller inte så de har två olika linjestegsdelar man kan koppla in till samma kontrolldel. OCH som om inte det är nog så kan man ha både rör- och transistordelen inkopplade samtidigt.

Go to Top of Page

Micke Y
100.000-klubben

7701 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  09:13:21  Show Profile Send Micke Y a Private Message  Reply
Brutala är bara förnamnet. Jag tycker det är cool att de vågar behålla designen trots att den har ganska många år på nacken.

Micke

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
"Se inte ner på 3 ackord låtar, tänk hur många bra vi har gjort med bara 2" Billy Gibbons ZZ Top
Pälsar skall sitta på djur i skogen, inte på människor i stan.
Go to Top of Page

MartinH
Audiotrade

3778 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  10:07:10  Show Profile Send MartinH a Private Message  Reply
Nu kanske högtalarterminalerna är väldigt stora, men såg inte högtalarkabel väldigt fjösig ut i sammanhanget ???

/M
Go to Top of Page

edison
N.A.udiophile

2529 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  10:14:12  Show Profile Send edison a Private Message  Reply
MC I är bara så läckra...härliga högtalare inte minst! Dregel...

Noterar också att dom uppenbarligen ser Technics SL-1200 som en seriös LP-spelare (dom har rimligen inte använt den i avsaknad av alternativ...)
DET känns ju lite småkul att ha i bakhuvudet den dag LP-spelare skall bytas ut..."kan dom kan jag", typ...

SACD/DVD-Audio: Pioneer DV-575A / CD: Sony CDP-X3000ES / LP: H/K T60 & Ortofon OM40 > Vincent RIAA > ACURUS Line Pre L10 > slutsteg ACURUS A100 > > Högtalare: 'Projektbygge' "The Pretender", en stativare m Seas Excel 5" & SS 2905/9300
(Vilande: en fn trasig Edison60, samt högt.bygge med Seas Excel 8" (pappkon) & Scanspeak D9300) Nystartat bygge: SEAS 25F-EW bas + Scanspeak D2905/9300 diskant. Sluten låda på 33 liter, vilken skall bli aperiodiskt dämpad.

Edited by - edison on 2006/01/17 10:15:24
Go to Top of Page

vole

515 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  14:30:52  Show Profile Send vole a Private Message  Reply
För tillfället så sitter jag och försöker få upp hakan som slog i bordet..

Herre min gud, vilket system !!!

All strävan efter liv, leder till lidande !

"Why keep asking questions when your head is full"

Go to Top of Page

Rob

242 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  15:32:56  Show Profile Send Rob a Private Message  Reply
Det är bara att erkänna att när man är ser McIntosh elektronik så väcks begäret... Skulle nog kunna leva med den utan att gnälla allt för mycket...

Högtalarna imponerade inte så värst annars i mina öron... Kan givetvis ha varit rummet...

Pelle
Go to Top of Page

cybwiz
700.000-klubben

1388 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  16:16:00  Show Profile  Visit cybwiz's Homepage Send cybwiz a Private Message  Reply
Bilder og kommentarer kopiert fra MasterLu; Audiokarma bruker.

Some pics of my Theater which has the XRT2Ks & McIntosh galore. I have 12 Mac Amps totaling over 14K watts.

It sounds like it should, Unbelievable!
It's in a large room 22x26x14, I have two different projection systems, an RPTV for the MS300 server & a Sony G90 with a Stewart electric screen for the movies.
XR27's are used for Center & Sides. I also have 4 additional subs, one in each corner of the room powered by 1201's (I like my Bass)

My XRTK2's are Tri-Amped with 3 1201's each, so I'm good on power.

I would have got the MC2KW's for my system, but the Amps logo glow like a Christmas tree.
Which wouldn't work for me in Theater mode. The Engineer's missed that one tiny detail.
1201's are easy to completely black out, just remove the lamp module.

Yup, this room will do soft or loud equally well.
I do alot of my critical listening at lower levels.
The effeciency of the XRT2K's almost defies physics.
At 12 watts I can fill the room with 105db at 120 watts she'll hit 120db.
The headroom & dynamics are what make the system "Live" sounding. The 2K's bring you into the soundstage.
Just audition a pair, they have no competition at any price range IMO & I have auditioned speaker systems alone in excess of $350,000. They are that good!

Just bought a pair of MC2KW amps. I'm not quite sure if i will integrate them into my existing Theater or use them in a new installation. I was contemplating a dedicated 2 channel setup in a separate room.

Masterlu, what about a Martin Logan statement E2 system?

Actually, I have heard them & the XRT2K's have it all over them.
The ML's were good, but not in the XRT2K's league.
Really a no contest!

Edited by - cybwiz on 2006/01/17 17:33:13
Go to Top of Page

mayro
Lämnat på egen begäran

10984 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  16:50:26  Show Profile Send mayro a Private Message  Reply

Pac.

Vad låg systempriset på för denna anläggning?

Driver Mayros hifidagis
Go to Top of Page

Pac
200.000-klubben

21988 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  18:44:22  Show Profile  Visit Pac's Homepage Send Pac a Private Message  Reply
quote:
För tillfället så sitter jag och försöker få upp hakan som slog i bordet..

Herre min gud, vilket system !!!

Vi var flera som drägglade ner golvet där inne och ett par rejäla hakmärken i parketten var det också.

quote:
Pac.

Vad låg systempriset på för denna anläggning?

Oj, oj, oj, det är dyrt värre. Jag är inte spekulant på det så tyvärr... Det är utanför min ekonomi med råge. Men, jag tror att de har priser på sin hemsida eller om det var i deras pressreleaser.

Go to Top of Page

Pac
200.000-klubben

21988 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  19:00:29  Show Profile  Visit Pac's Homepage Send Pac a Private Message  Reply

Tja, försteg, slutsteg och högtalare var det yppersta som McIntosh kunde frambringa, men vad körde de för källor???

Det är nu det börjar bli intressant om man är trendkänslig. De hade placerat sin musikserver i högsätet!!!

Så alla trendkänsliga; en av två mycket tydliga trender var lagrad och fördelad(stream'ad) musik. Några få av highend rummen hade musikservrar. ALLA "normal"-stereo tillverkarna, ALLA datortillbehörs tillverkarna och ALLA datortillverkare hade lösningar på fördelad och lagrad musik och bild.

Denon tex hade Wlan-moduler för sina billigare bioförstärkare och de dyrare hade Wlan inbyggt.

Och McIntosh körde som sagt bland annat på sin 300Gb musikserver när de demade detta supersystem.

Den andra trenden har Ni redan listat ut om Ni har kollat de andra trådarna jag kört... Japp; vinyl, vinyl och åter vinyl. Det är en vinyl renässans utan dess like!

Go to Top of Page

jerico

1304 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  19:06:40  Show Profile Send jerico a Private Message  Reply
quote:
Som linesource så har talarna ganska hög känslighet antar jag ?
Och med mätaren uppe på 20 W

Men vad jag kan se på bilden är nålen vid 2.0 W!!!!!!

Var det tok högt för det menar du????

Mitt system

Mera SVAVEL till folket!
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Go to Top of Page

ztenlund
Administrator, RödaTråden-vinnare, 300.000-klubben

8771 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  19:12:40  Show Profile Send ztenlund a Private Message  Reply
jerico, titta på bilden i inlägget under det du tittade på...

Har du synpunkter på något? Hör gärna av dig via PM!
HiFiForum.nu's
Artikelregister | Regler
Go to Top of Page

Pac
200.000-klubben

21988 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  19:19:56  Show Profile  Visit Pac's Homepage Send Pac a Private Message  Reply

Nu var det ju inte bara Musikservern som stod där...

Denna kombon var väl egentligen den som det spelades mest på när jag var i rummet.

MDA 1000 DAC och...

... MCD201 CD/SACD-spelare samt...

...MVP 861 SACD/CD/DVD/DVD-A/...-spelare

Go to Top of Page

Hasse

831 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  20:18:03  Show Profile Send Hasse a Private Message  Reply
tur att man inte har en sån anläggning. Jag skulle koppla in dem till datorn och glömma stänga av slutsteget när man kläpper av datorn......puf! och så kommer ddet att glittra av små dome diskanter i rummet.

Ljudnörd med rötterna i Jönköping men pluggar nu akustik i Göteborg.
Go to Top of Page

Pac
200.000-klubben

21988 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  22:25:04  Show Profile  Visit Pac's Homepage Send Pac a Private Message  Reply

De hade vinylspelare också, en Technichs SL1210...

Vi hade ett snack nere på vinylforumet om huruvida detta är en tillräckligt juste spelare och förutom McIntosh så tycker de flesta på vinylforumet att den funkar bra upp till en viss nivå.

...Och framför allt om man skall scratcha, eller hur Lindome?

Nej skämt åsido, så fick jag aldrig lyssnat på vinyl i detta rummet så hur den gjorde sig med den Denon pickupen vet jag inte.

PS, SL1200/1210-fans lägg märke till de fjädrande eftermarknadsfötterna!!!

Go to Top of Page

Pac
200.000-klubben

21988 Posts

Posted - 2006/01/17 :  22:50:26  Show Profile  Visit Pac's Homepage Send Pac a Private Message  Reply

Det var ett imponerande rum, det spelade stort. "Stora grejjor - stort ljud" stämde bra på denna uppställningen. Jag satt och lyssnade en stund efter att jag plåtat klart och när de satte på Chris Jones skivan hölla jag på att skakas ur stolen. De där högtalarna kan spela en ren och torr djupbas på olidligt höga volymer. Absolut en CH&Bernt anläggning. Grabbarna hade lirat högre och högre och allt eftersom ljudtrycket hade stigit så hade smilbanden följt efter. Jag kunde riktigt se hånleendena framför mig där jag satt och höll i mig i stolen. Jag riktigt ångrade att jag inte hade Rammsteins "Du Hast" med mig...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
HiFiForum.nu © HiFiForum.nu except: Logos and Trademarks are property of their owners, Comments are property of their posters Go To Top Of Page
Denna sida genererades på 0.46 sekunder. Snitz Forums 2000